Authors: William W. Busse, MD
CME / ABIM MOC Released: 1/31/2020
Valid for credit through: 1/31/2021
- Credits Available Physicians – maximum of 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ ABIM Diplomates – maximum of 0.25 ABIM MOC points
- You Are Eligible For AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
Target Audience and Goal Statement
This activity is intended for pulmonologists, allergists & clinical immunologists, and primary care physicians.
The goal of this activity is to increase clinicians’ knowledge of phenotypes and biologic therapies available for the treatment of severe asthma.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will have increased knowledge regarding the:
- Role of interleukin mediators in the pathophysiology of severe asthma
- Clinical trial data for biological therapies in managing patients with severe asthma
William W. Busse, MD Professor of Medicine
Division of Allergy, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
Disclosure: William W. Busse, MD, has disclosed the following relevant financial relationships:
Served as an advisor or consultant for: AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP; Genentech, Inc.; GlaxoSmithKline; Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation; Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Sanofi
Served as a speaker or a member of a speakers bureau for: Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Other: DSMB: Boston Scientific; Genentech, Inc.
- Karen Badal, MD, MPH Senior Medical Education Director, Medscape, LLC – Disclosure: Karen Badal, MD, MPH, has disclosed the following relevant financial relationships: Owns stock, stock options, or bonds from: Kallyope Inc.
- Kimberly Storck, PharmD, RPh Senior Medical Writer, Medscape, LLC – Disclosure: Kimberly Storck, PharmD, RPh, has disclosed no relevant financial relationships.
- Esther Nyarko, PharmDAssociate Director, Accreditation and Compliance, Medscape, LLC – Disclosure: Esther Nyarko, PharmD, has disclosed no relevant financial relationships.
Developed through a partnership between Medscape and CHEST.
In support of improving patient care, Medscape, LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- Medscape, LLC designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ . Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 0.25 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit. Aggregate participant data will be shared with commercial supporters of this activity. Contact This Provider
For questions regarding the content of this activity, contact the accredited provider for this CME/CE activity noted above. For technical assistance, contact CME@medscape.net